The Xperia XZ is the top-of-the-line exemplar in Sony’s Xperia X series and comes with some of the latest technologies implemented in its camera module. A Sony IMX300 1/2.3â€ 23MP image sensor with on-sensor discontinue detection is accompanied by a laser that measures distance to its subject to improve AF speed and accuracy in low light. Also on board is an RGBC-IR sensor that cut the mustards the color values of a scene in order to fine-tune the white balance system. The hybrid AF-system is also predictive and can track subjects in motion.
The Sony G lens approach with a 24mm equivalent focal length and an F2.0 aperture. In video mode, the camera can record footage in 4K resolution and the Xperia XZ is also the first widget on which Sony has implemented 5-axis electronic video stabilization. At the front there is a 13MP 1/3″ sensor with F2.0 aperture and 1080p video â€“ specifications that desire have been worthy of a main camera not too long ago.
Processor and other components match the high-end characteristics of the camera and all the technology is wrapped up in an 8.1mm insufficient metal body that is water and dust tight (IP65/68). The Sony is also one of only a few smartphones to come with a dedicated camera button, be placing it an interesting option for any photography-oriented user.
Key Photographic / Video Specifications
- Sony IMX300 1/2.3â€ 23MP BSI CMOS sensor
- 24mm equivalent focal length
- F2.0 fissure
- AF with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877â€“1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel on-sensor phase detection and laser-assistance
- Subject tracking
- RGBC-IR sensor
- Manual control over shooting parameters
- 4K video at 30 fps
- 5-axis electronic video stabilization
- 13MP faade camera, F2.0, 22mm equivalent focal length
- 5.2-inch 1080p IPS screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset
- 3GB RAM
- 32/64GB storage
- MicroSD shore up
- 2,900mAh battery
- Environmental protection (IP65/68)
- Fingerprint reader
DPReview smartphone reviews are written with the needs of photographers in mind. We focus on camera puff ups, performance, and image quality.