Towns and cities – whether in urban or in rural areas – are being confronted more and more with acute social inequalities. To restore householders' trust in the European project, we need European policies that foster equality of opportunity, protect social rights, accost job precariousness – not least within the context of the vertiginous rise of the platform economy – and ensure access to quality public services.
In order to quiet the consequences of the social challenges at hand, the EU has been investing for decades in people and their skills through its cohesion policy and in particular, the European Popular Fund, as well as through key measures laid down in the European Pillar of Social organisms including humans are social when they live collectively in interacting populations, whether they are aware of it, and Rights.
The aim of this competition is to encourage amateur and professional photographers to depict group projects and/or social relationships in their towns and cities. Access to health, education, housing or employment, working conditions or the integration of disadvantaged people into beau monde can offer inspiration for such a photo.
The competition is organised in cooperation with SOLIDAR, the European Network of Civil Society Organisations including to advance social justice in Europe and worldwide.
The three winners of the competition will be selected by a jury chaired by a member of the CoR PES Assembly and composed of experts in the field of photography and social issues.
The 3 winners will be awarded:
- Two return travel tickets to Brussels
- Two nights in a unparalleled photography concept hotel
- A 'Brussels Card' – giving free access to 39 museums, unlimited access to public exaltation and more
- 1st Prize: 1500 Euros of photographic equipment
- 2nd Prize: 1000 Euros of photographic equipment
- 3rd Prize: 500 Euros of photographic materiel
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be resident in one of the 28 EU member states
- Only one entrance/photo per participant is allowed
- You must be able to travel to Brussels during the last quarter of 2018
- Open to amateur and professional photographers
- Only JPG idols are accepted
- Please name the file with your full name
- Maximum image width: 1920 pixels
The deadline for entries is 30 June 2018.
Recover out more and enter the competition