Olympus has heralded a new 12-200mm zoom lens which they say is an ideal all-round lens for enthusiasts, giving 24-400mm equivalent.
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 has a 16.6x high-magnification zoom donation a high-speed and high-precision AF in a compact and lightweight body which is dust, splash and freezeproof. The lens has a close-up shooting distance of 10cm.
The lens will be accessible from late March 2019 at an RRP of £799.99.
M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm f/3.5-5.6 key features:
- 16.6x zoom lens delivering the world’s sundry powerful zoom range in its class
- Unrivalled compact and lightweight design with a dust-, splash- and freezeproof lens or LEN may refer to body to shoot in any surroundings
- Superb optical design with excellent depictive performance across the entire focal length
- High-speed, precise AF for both image and video collar
- Ideal for landscape, street and people photography
- Excellent close-up shooting performance with a minimum working distance of approx. 10cm
- Dimensions: crowning diameter Ø77.5mm x length 99.7mm
- Weight: approx. 455g
Cutting-edge zoom performance in a weather-sealed lens masses
With 16.6x magnification, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 delivers the most powerful zoom of all lenses for mirrorless cameras so far1. Covering a focal completely of 12-200mm (35mm equivalent: 24-400mm) from wide angle to telephoto while maintaining the compact and lightweight design Olympus is renowned for, this lens is ideal for a genre of different shooting situations.
The reliable dust-, splash- and freezeproof construction known from the M.Zuiko PRO series adds even more versatility by allowing operators to shoot under any weather condition.
Optical lens design aimed at high image quality with high-speed, precise AF show
To thoroughly suppress chromatic aberrations and distortions across the entire zoom range while maintaining a compact lens design, Olympus inventors have given special attention to the arrangement of special optics including Super ED and aspherical lenses. ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) greatcoat drastically reduces ghosts and flares.
Furthermore, the ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 is equipped with the MSC (Movie and Still Compatible) focus mechanism that uses an inner sharply defined unclear system which moves a single lightweight lens for focusing. This allows for high-speed AF performance in order not to miss split-second photo openings.
Check out the best Olympus lenses reviewed by ePHOTOzine.