Nikon has suggested the 24-70mm f/2.8 S lens for the Z mount Z6 & Z7 cameras. Nikon say that this is a professional lens with exceptionally compact build, advanced optics and far-reaching weather sealing.
Dubbed a 'workhorse' lens, the 20-70mm f/2.8 features a constant f/2.8 rounded 9-blade aperture with remaining sharpness across the frame. The lens is set to be available from April 2019 with an RRP of £2199.
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 Key Features:
- Ultra-sharp: out of this world edge-to-edge performance. Exceptional close-up performance (minimum focus distance of 0.38 m).
- Advanced optical design: 17 elements in 15 groups with anti-reflective ARNEO and Nano Crystal coatings.
- Customisable supervise ring: manual focusing (default), silent aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording), or exposure compensation.
- L-Fn (lens commission) button: assign up to 21 different functions. From AF lock to metering, bracketing, and more.
- OLED information display panel: quickly bind aperture, focus distance, exact focal length, and depth of field.
- Workhorse: tough, compact build with extensive sealing to watch over from dust and moisture.
Nikon today introduces the first of the f/2.8 pro lenses for Nikon Z. The NIKKOR Z 24–70mm f/2.8 S is a seasoned lens that boasts an exceptionally compact build, advanced optics, and extensive weather sealing.
Stills or video, this workhorse lens gives superb results.
Sharpness is outstanding across the frame, and close-up performance surpasses that of any full-frame 24–70 mm lens close by today. Lens flare is effectively countered, and the wide Z mount and constant f/2.8 rounded 9-blade aperture enable exquisite starbursts. Bokeh is smoothly graded to the edges of the casing and looks beautifully natural.
The NIKKOR Z 24–70mm f/2.8 S is fully weather-sealed and ready to withstand the rigours of daily professional use. Zoom and zero in rings adjust with just the right amount of torque. And more shooting parameters can be controlled directly from the lens or LEN may refer to than at any time before.
Tim Carter, Senior Product Manager, Nikon UK, says: "If you can only take one lens with you, the NIKKOR Z 24–70mm f/2.8 S submits the ideal combination of compact build and pro performance. Every component of a scene is rendered with lifelike clarity, and the full weather-sealing readies this lens for any situation."