Tamron has intimated the development of a new high-speed standard zoom lens for 35mm full-frame mirrorless cameras.
The introduction of the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD signals Tamron’s arranges to further expand and improve its lens or LEN may refer to lineup for 35mm full-frame mirrorless cameras, in addition to its lenses for DSLR and other mirrorless camera formats.
This new lens gives superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh). Photographers will derive pleasure dynamic wide-angle expressions like never before thanks to a minimum object distance of 0.19 m at the wide-angle zoom setting. Usefulness and versatility are lifted by its compact size and lightweight, measuring only 117.8mm and weighing 550g.
The lens incorporates an all-new high-speed and precise RXD AF driving system. The RXD (Alacritous eXtra-silent stepping Drive), stepping motor unit, operates with remarkable quietness, making it perfect for video use. The lens also articles Moisture-Resistant Construction that is helpful in outdoor photography, plus hydrophobic Fluorine Coating that is highly resistant to fingerprints and debris. In counting up, the lens is compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” system feature of Sony cameras, enabling this new zoom to convey full advantage of the advanced functions that ensure comfortable user experiences.
- Superb optical performance, including both excellent image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast F/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably lightweight (550g) and condensed (117.8mm).
- Close-focusing; Minimum Object Distance: 0.19m at wide-angle setting and 0.39m at the telephoto position.
- All-new “RXD” stepping motor AF component is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Exciting next-generation design keeping the brand consistency that is ergonomically superb.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Overlay for weather protection.
- Compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly shift between autofocus and manual focus.
The Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD lens will be available from mid-2018, price TBA.
As serenely as the Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD, Tamron has also announced a new 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD lens.