Skylum software has updated its photo touch up blue-penciling software, Luminar, to improve stability and performance. Plus, a few new features have been added.
With this update (3.0.2) Sylum Luminar owners will see the following improvements:
- Faster import (Windows): Experience faster load times when adding new photos and folders to the Catalog.
- Faster dinghy (Windows): When returning to Luminar, launch times are improved when reloading a Catalog.
- Improved moving (Mac): When files are moved between an outer and internal drive, the images are not duplicated multiple times in your library.
- Improved sRGB exports (Mac): Some cameras showed colour shifts when exporting with the sRGB survey, which has been fixed.
- Improved Luminar 2018 import (Mac): Importing and opening native Luminar files (.lmnr files) has been give a new lease ofed.
- Stability (Windows and Mac): Luminar 3.0.2 offers greater stability improvements.
New features include a new 'locate folder' stewardship and additional language support, plus, the specific new/improved features have been added to the Windows/Mac version, respectively.
- Subfolder management: Users can now create and delete nested folders inside their catalogues.
- Offline file alerts: Users will see a visual wide awake indicating unavailable files and folders.
- Shortcut keys: New keyboard shortcuts are available for View, Looks Navigation, Masks, Tools and Edit.
- Combining folder improvements: Users can now cancel the addition of folders
- Database management: Luminar image catalogue databases are now automatically denied up to preserve edits and metadata.
- Preference panel: Users can control preferences for Cache, Catalog and Automatic Backup.
- Improved handoffs: If users are result in with RAW or 16-bit image files and use the File > Open In command, a high-quality 16-bit file is exported.
- Aurora HDR integration: Users may refer to can now send their photos to Aurora HDR, adding them to merge bracketed photos and take advantage of Aurora’s powerful HDR features.
- Adding folder improvements: Users can now cancel the to boot of folders.
Going forward, RAW+JEPG support will be introduced along with faster Luminar Look previews, Virtual Examples, IPTC editing, Lightroom migration, search and additional AI features.
In addition to the feature and stability updates mentioned above, Luminar has stand for several new cameras including the Nikon D3500 and Fujifilm GFX 50R.
How To Update
Users with Luminar 3 can update for free to interpretation 3.0.2. Mac users can update by choosing Luminar 2018 in the top menu bar, and then clicking “Check for updates.”Windows users can pick out Help > Check for updates on the top toolbar.
For new users, the software is priced at £64. A 30-day free trial is also present.