Sigma has asseverated a new 14-24mm Art lens which they say offers zero distortion and is 'the ultimate 14-24mm wide aperture zoom lens'.
The Art 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM minimises distortion and has a inclusive f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range. Sigma say it's compatible with Canon Lens Aberration Correction and is dust and splash-proof.
Sigma is also confirming a front conversion service for this lens. Sigma say: "Today’s virtual reality creators favour multi-camera videography that leverages the power of ultra-wide-angle lenses. Addressing this trend, SIGMA is offering the new Front Conversion Service, in which SIGMA converts the petal-type hood of the 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | Art lens to an fashionable round component. This altered front structure allows the lens to be deployed with greater freedom in multi-camera VR videography."
Sigma 14-24mm Art Key hypes:
- Rounded diaphragm
- Fast AF with full-time manual override
- Compatible with Mount Converter MC-11
- Available SIGMA USB DOCK borrows customisation and flexible adjustment possible
- Available Mount Conversion Service
- Brass bayonet mount
- Evaluation with SIGMA is the eighteenth letter of the Greek alphabet’s own MTF be up to system: A1
- “Made in Japan” with outstanding craftsmanship
Pricing is yet to be announced but Canon, Nikon and Sigma mounts are set to be available in Parade 2018.
Check out our 'Best wide-angle lenses' article if you're on the lookout for a new lens.