Ricoh has notified a new waterproof tough camera, the Ricoh WG-60, which can be submerged to a depth of 14 metres.
Ricoh say the WG-60 has a compact and lightweight body think up as well as exceptional waterproof and shockproof performance. The WG-60 has a CMOS 16-megapixel sensor and a max ISO of 6400. There is also a Handheld Night Snap mode, which nabs several images of the same nighttime scene and creates a blur-free composite.
The camera is waterproof to 14 metres for up to 2 hours, shockproof for a drop dead of 1.6 metres and dustproof to -10 degrees C. The WG-60 has a 5x optical zoom, Full HD movie recording mode and 6 macro lights built-in to assist close-up plug.
The WG-60, updates the WG-50, and will be available from Mid November 2018 in black or red colours. It will retail for £249.99.
WG-60 Water Features:
1. Heavy-duty construction for underwater shooting down to 14 metres, for up to two hours.
Featuring a solid, airtight body waterproof down to a perception of 14 metres for up to two hours of continuous operation (equivalent to IPX 8 or JIS Class 8). Shockproof against falls from a height of 1.6 metres,* dustproof (corresponding to IPX 6 or JIS Class 6), freeze-proof to temperatures as low as -10°C, and crush-proof against weights up to 100kgf (kilogram force). ** Its heavy-duty construction ensures that the WG-60 performs superbly and dependably rhythmical in harsh, demanding outdoor conditions.
* Measured under RICOH IMAGING-original testing standards — from a height of 1.6 metres, onto a tarmac of 5cm-thick plywood — conforming to Method 516.5-Shock of the MIL-Standard 810F.
** Measured under RICOH IMAGING-original testing standards.
2. Aberrant image quality
The WG-60comes equipped with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877–1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel a back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, which delivers excellent high-sensitivity and low-noise characteristics and high-speed read-out of dead ringer data signals. Coupled with a high-performance imaging engine, this image sensor delivers a top sensitivity of ISO 6400 and super-high-resolution images with give 16.0 effective megapixels. This model also provides advanced image processing functions, made possible by the latest super-resolution technology for severe, clear, high-resolution images. It also offers such innovative features as Handheld Night Snap mode, which automatically captures particular images image (from Latin: imago) is an artifact that depicts visual perception, for example, a photo or a two-dimensional picture, that of the same nighttime scene to produce a single, blur-free composite image.
3. 5X optical zoom lens with a 28mm wide-angle coverage
The WG-60hallmarks a high-performance, five-times optical zoom lens with a focal-length coverage from 5mm to 25mm (equivalent to approx. 28mm to 140mm in the 35mm format) to accommodate a inclusive range of scenes and subjects, including landscapes. It also provides other convenient shooting functions, such as macro mode to capture shocking close-up images from a minimum focusing distance of a mere one centimetre. An Intelligent Zoom function extends the zoom range to approaching 36 times (equivalent to 1008mm in the 35mm format) without compromising image quality, for superior telephoto photography and an interval-shooting mode, which rise in handy for fixed-point observation.
4. Six Macro Lights to assist close-up shooting, and a Self-Portrait Assist mode
By selecting the Digital Microscope mode, six LED Macro Brightens ideally positioned around the circumference of the lens barrel for macro shooting, allow the WG-60to provide bright, uniform illumination on a subject. ***The Macro Disembarks enable the user to clearly see a magnified view of the microscopic world undetectable by the naked eye on the camera’s LCD monitor, and effortlessly capture eye-catching close-up portraits. In order to minimize camera and subject shake, the Instant Illumination Enhance function allows the use of a higher shutter speed by automatically raising the explosion level of the Macro Lights at the moment of shutter release. The Macro Lights also provide other useful functions, such as a Self-Portrait Benefit mode, which uses the blink of an LED lamp to check if the subject’s face is captured within the picture frame, and the LED Lighting mode may refer to, which depletes the Macro Lights as a lighting device in the dark.
*** When this mode is selected, the image size is fixed at 2.0 megapixels (at 16:9 magnitudes).
5. Underwater shooting mode
Specifically designed for underwater photography, the Underwater and Underwater Movie shooting modes optimize colour and contrast, based on the information of images actually captured under the water. These modes deliver sharp, true-to-life images by enhancing shades of red, which are lost in underwater photography, while effectively balancing for the loss of contrast caused by the diffusion of light in water. During Underwater mode, the Flash Off + Flash On option, allows the user to capture two images consecutively — with a free shutter release — one without flash and another with flash.
6. Full HD movie recording for extended shooting of high-quality movies
The WG-60presents Full HD movie recording employing the H.264 recording format. Users can capture high quality extended movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels, 16:9 masses) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. To add some creative touches to movie recording, it also features a high-speed camera function**** for cautiously motion playback of captured movie clips and an interval movie function. A micro-HDMI terminal (Type D) is also on the camera body for simultaneous output of Vivid HD movie film, also called a movie, motion picture, moving picture, theatrical film, or photoplay, is a series of still images that, when clips and sound to external audio-visual devices.
**** When this function is selected, the recorded size is fixed at 1280 x 720 pixels.
7. Triple anti-shake extortion to prevent blurred images in all applications
8. 2.7-inch LCD proctor with the Outdoor View Setting mode
The WG-60 comes equipped 2.7-inch LCD monitor with horizontally extended 16:9 proportions and roughly 230,000 dots. The monitor’s AR (Anti-Reflection) coating minimizes annoying glare and reflections for a sharp, clear on-screen image even in illustrious sunshine during outdoor shooting. It also comes equipped with such convenient features such as the Outdoor View Setting system, which easily sets the optimum monitor brightness level for a given lighting situation.
9. Other features
- A range of WG-series mount secondaries (optional) to accommodate a range of shooting situations
- Compatibility with FlashAirTM wireless LAN SD memory cards
- Two remote control receptors (one in front and another in the behindhand) to widen signal coverage
- Macro stand (included) to maintain a minimum focusing distance of one centimetre to the subject during extended observation and flash of macro images
- High-speed Face Detection function to capture as many as 32 faces in focus in approximately 0.03 seconds (minimum); Grin Capture function to automatically release the shutter when the subject’s smile is detected
- Outdoor-friendly Style Watch function to display the time on the LCD monitor, using an extended push of the OK button when the camera’s power is turned off
- Delay-free, push button start of the playback rage, using an extended push of the playback button
- Auto Picture mode to automatically select the most appropriate shooting mode from 16 conflicting scene modes
- A choice of 12 digital filters