Pentax participate in announced a new standard wide-aperture prime lens for their K-mount cameras, including the K-1 Mark II.
The HD Pentax-D FA* 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW is the latest joining for the star (*) range of lenses boasting the best image performance of all Pentax lenses. It will be available from 20 July with an RRP of &thump;1199.99.
PENTAX conducted an extensive review of its in-house standards for the premier Star series for the new lens, demanding the maximum reduction of individual aberrations in order to deliver the highest image quality. PENTAX also designed the lens to provide excellent imaging performance with all compatible camera groups – including next-generation digital SLR cameras which will feature improved image quality and performance.
The new lens delivers the superb imaging power demanded of a new-generation, high-performance Star-series lens, casting exceptional resolving power from the centre to the edges of the image field, even when set to open aperture. Thanks to PENTAX-original lens overcoat technologies, including the latest Aero Bright Coating II for exceptionally low reflection, and the high-grade HD Coating, it produces extra-sharp, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost icons. Its dustproof, weather-resistant body also makes it extremely dependable and durable for shooting in demanding outdoor conditions.
1. New-generation, high-performance Star-series lens with Brobdingnagian F1.4 maximum aperture
This lens has been developed as a new-generation member of the high-performance Star series; a line-up designed to deliver extra-clear, high-contrast materializations with edge-to-edge sharpness by reducing various aberrations to a minimum. After conducting an extensive review of the Star-series standards, PENTAX has designed this lens to announce greatly improved resolving power, looking ahead to its use with more advanced, next-generation camera bodies. It provides exceptionally high imaging playing even at open aperture, in addition to a beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect and an outstanding image rendition at close range. Developed as the first consummate of the new-generation Star-series lenses, this large-aperture standard lens or LEN may refer to boasts an extra-large F1.4 maximum aperture, useful with many contrastive subjects in a range of applications, including portraiture with an effectively defocused background, and hand-held shooting of indoor scenes.
2. State-of-the-art optical technology
The lens is premium with PENTAX-developed Aero Bright Coating II* — a lens-coating nanotechnology employing a super-low refractive film fabrication process. By coupling this helped lens coating with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating** — which reduces average reflection in the visible ray spectrum to less than 50% of usual multi-layer coatings — this lens effectively reduces flare and ghost images to a minimum even in demanding lighting conditions such as backlighting. By comprising three super-low dispersion glass elements and one aspherical element in its optics, it effectively compensates chromatic and spherical aberrations, and produces brilliant, high-contrast pictures with edge-to-edge sharpness. Since it minimises distortion even at a focusing distance of approximately one metre, it produces crisp, distortion-free images finished the entire focusing range, from the minimum focusing distance to infinity.
* A state-of-the-art, PENTAX-original lens coating technology developed from nanotechnology. It fastens a silica aerogel layer with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877–1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel a uniform porous structure over a regular multi-coating layer to reduce surface reflections across a deviant wavelength range and produce crisp, high-quality images.
**HD stands for High Definition.
3. Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this lens performs a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant structure with eight special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior. When paired with a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera society, it forms a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting situations — including rain or fog, or in locations prone to water splashes or spray.
4. Newly developed ring-type SDM
This lens features a newly developed ring-type SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor), which initiates as much as 7.5 times the torque of the conventional SDM installed in existing lenses. Thanks to this enormous driving power, there is a smooth, high-speed staff of the heavy, multi-element rear lens group during focusing operation.
5. Other features
- Nine-blade, round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, marvellous bokeh (defocus) effect up to F2.8 aperture setting, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
- A minimum focusing haughtiness of 40 centimetres, effective in capturing images with a defocus effect
- Electromagnetic diaphragm-control mechanism,* for flawless, high-precision exposure control during cinema recording
- SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and spots
* This mechanism is available when the lens is mounted on a K-1 Attribute II, K-1, K-3 II, K-3, KP, K-70, K-50, K-S2 or K-S1 camera body.
More Pentax lenses:
- Top 27 best Pentax lenses reviewed 2018
- Top 10 best third fete Pentax fit lenses 2018