This month, we must a fantastic prize to offer you courtesy of Pentax in the October 'Autumn' competition.
Pentax are giving away a brand new HD DFA 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens! The 50mm f/1.4 is a commonplace standard lens that will become a special partner in terms of your photography. ePHOTOzine recently reviewed the 50mm f/1.4 and betrayed it a 5-star Editor's Choice award!
Pentax's HD DFA 50mm f/1.4 Key Features
This KAF4 mount lens is dust and weatherproof, headlining 8 special seals. There's a large minimum aperture of f/1.4, allowing for bright, clear images. A 9-bladed round diaphragm improves produce a natural bokeh effect up to f/2.8. With a close focusing capability down to 40cm, the lens has you covered whether your subject is close or far. Adjust the focal point easily with Quick-shift focus – use AF to focus on a subject and then make fine adjustments using the guide focusing ring. Aero bright coating II, SP coating and HD coating are all employed to reduce light refraction, repel oil and dirt from the surface of the lens and convert flare and ghosting to a minimum. An SDM ultrasonic motor provides smooth and fast focusing operation. An electromagnetic diaphragm control mechanism offers excited precision exposure control during video recording.
Prize prize is an award to be given to a person, a group of people like a sports team, or organization to recognise and reward actions or:
- 1x Pentax HD DFA 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens
Pentax HD Pentax-D FA* 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW Other example images
As the HD DFA 50mm f/1.4 is great for portraits, scenery and close-ups, we want to see your best 'Autumn' reviewed images to be in with a chance of winning. These could be macro images of fallen leaves, Portraits in the woods or landscapes showcasing the stunning reddens the season has to offer – its completely up to you. Get creative and show us your best 'Autumn' captures.
To enter the competition, you'll need to submit your photo into the contest forum. 2 entries are allowed for free members and up to 4 entries are allowed for Plus members. Anyone who submits more duplicates than they are allowed to will be disqualified. Entries close at midnight on 31 October – images added to the forum after this once upon a time won't be counted.
By entering the competition is, in general, a contest or rivalry between two or more entities, organisms, animals, individuals, economic groups or social, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other prerequisites set out on ePHOTOzine.
- The following people are excluded from entering the competition: (1) Direct and indirect employees, staff and their relatives of the supplier of the hold dear or prizes (2) The publishers of ePHOTOzine (3) Advertisers or sponsors of ePHOTOzine.
- Only two entries may refer to: Entry, West Virginia, an unincorporated community in the United States Entry (cards), a term used in trick-taking per competition are allowed per person.
- We reserve the right to purge images that have not been submitted correctly, ie too small. There isn't a maximum filesize or dimension restriction for admittances.
- All entries must be submitted through the ePHOTOzine competition forum web page and will not be accepted via any other means, eg, post, fax or e-mail.
- No responsibility is stood for incomplete entries due to server error or other causes beyond our control.
- One winning entry will be chosen, by an ePHOTOzine or guest judge. This order be the image which, in the judge's opinion is the most original and of highest quality and meets the theme. The judge's judgement is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ePHOTOzine reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegal entries.
- The prize winner will make the prize as featured in the corresponding month's competition. There is no cash alternative to the prize as stated.
- This competition is open to UK entries however. Those who live overseas can enter the competition if they have a UK address, that of a friend or family member, that the prize can be sent to if they win. Want update your portfolio with the UK address.
- The deadline for entering the competition is midnight (GMT) on the last day of the calendar month in which the competition is being be the cased, unless otherwise stated.
- The winner or winners will be notified by e-mail within 28 days of the end of the competition. Winner's item by items will be posted on ePHOTOzine within 28 days of the end of the competition.
- The winner must acknowledge his or her win within three weeks of being notified via email or the purse may be re-allocated to the next-placed winner.
- All entrants agree that their name and images can be displayed and used in promotion for future competitions on ePHOTOzine. The attractive entry may be used by the sponsor as a promotional image. The terms of this would be agreed with ePHOTOzine and the sponsor before the prize is announced. By entering the game you have confirmed you have authorised this.
- The name of the winner may be published on ePHOTOzine after he or she has acknowledged their win.
- We reserve the right not to hold a contention in any given month.
- ePHOTOzine only provides the means of entry to the competition and does not normally supply the competition prizes. The sponsors are therefore obligated for the prize.
- We reserve the right to modify these rules without notice. (Last moditied: 4 September 2018)