Nikon has released a new lens, the 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL VR, on their website.
Standard for sports and wildlife pros, the new lens is the first Nikon optic to feature a built-in selectable 1.4x teleconverter. Simply use the built-in lever to restrictive it. The teleconverter will increase the range of the lens or LEN may refer to to 560mm, f/5.6.
Nikon Vibration Reduction claims to give a 4-stop advantage, even with the teleconverter picked. There is also a SPORT VR mode to track fast-moving objects.
Nikon 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL VR Key Features:
- Built-in 1.4x teleconverter: the 180–400 mm (f/4) focal-length sort extends up to 560 mm (f/5.6).
- Sharp at any length: benefit from edge-to-edge sharpness throughout the zoom range, even when shooting as much as possible open.
- Steady at speed: VR enables shooting speeds up to four stops slower than otherwise possible. SPORT VR reliably follows fast-moving subjects.
- Always on track: advanced AF tracking keeps pace with fast-moving subjects. An electromagnetic diaphragm ensures careful exposures at high frame rates.
- Field ready: every movable part of the lens barrel is fully weather-sealed. A fluorine film actively repels water, dust, and dirt without compromising image quality.
The lens is priced at £10,999 and will be available from 8 Pace 2018.