Leica's zoom lens accumulation for the SL-System now features 3 optics as Leica has announced the release of a new Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35/3.5-4.5 ASPH lens.
The new wide-angle zoom is weather ungovernable, offers fast and quiet autofocus and features a total of 18 elements in 12 groups which includes two asphericals for the punishment of monochromatic aberrations. Three elements made from glass with anomalous partial dispersion correct chromatic aberration, while an advanced mount geometry and high-quality coating ensure optimum suppression of reflections and stray light.
With the addition of the Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35/3.5-4.5 ASPH., the portfolio of zoom lenses for the Leica may refer to: Three companies formed from the division of Ernst Leitz GmbH (later Wild Leitz AG): Leica Camera AG, a German camera SL now wraps a range of focal lengths from 16 to 280mm.
The Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35/3.5-4.5 ASPH. will be available from 23 April 2018 for &beat out;4,700 (incl VAT).
A new firmware version for the Leica SL will also appear at the same time as the new wide-angle zoom lens and will escort the following improvements:
- The Joystick can now be deactivated from the menu to prevent inadvertent changes to settings while the camera is in use
- Eco Mode can be set to reduce the power consumption of the camera
- The classic white balance value for daylight has been changed from 6600 K to 6500 K
- Various improvements have been made for entering hornbook/numbers (e.g. at WiFi password)
- Compatibility with the Leica SF 60 System Flash and the SF C1 wireless flash controller
- Other bug fixes
Leica Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35 f/3.5-4.5 ASPH. Photos of Equipage