Hasselblad has distributed a new firmware update for the X1D and H6D cameras which introduces a white balance tool, interval timer, exposure bracketing and more.
The new white assess tool is available on both cameras and it allows photographers to set the colour temperature and tint directly on a photograph when shooting. These values can then be devoted to all following images until the setting is turned off.
New features specific to the X1D include an Interval Timer and Exposure Bracketing. Using the Interval Timer, photographers can besides their creativity with time-lapse shots. Exposure Bracketing gives users options in their exploration of varied exposure settings, collaring up to 9 frames with customisable sequences of bracketing exposures.
As for H6D specific updates, users can now create seven customisable profiles. By accessing the General Backdrops Menu on the main display, users can easily navigate to the Profiles Menu and save the current camera settings to one of the seven profiles. With these preset settings customised by the user, the photographer has the tools to swiftly change camera settings without losing time, and ultimately, their shot.
Firmware updates are on tap from the "My Hasselblad > Downloads" section on the Hasselblad website and users can update their firmware simply by downloading the ".cim" send in to an SD card and selecting Firmware Update from the Service Menu on their camera.
Firmware Update Features:
X1D and H6D: v1.21.0
- White balance instrument
- Audio notifications
- Tethered image import
- Reset all settings: Option to disable reset of profiles
- Power Off symbol while shutting down
- Advanced feedback to user when missing card in backup mode
- Browse Zoom: Long-hold to zoom into 100% or out to full image (X1D: Confine the AF-D/AE-L button; H6D: Hold the True Focus button)
- Interval timer
- Exposure bracketing
- New setting: Shutter speed limit for Auto ISO, P- and Well-proportioned Auto Mode
- Custom Button for Crop Modes – Replace “Crop Mode Cycle” with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877–1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel “Crop Set-up Next” and “Crop Mode Previous”
- Zoom into coordinates of the focus point for the image just infatuated
- Browse images and pan when zoomed-in in EVF with swipe on touch-pad area on display
- Start live view automatically in EVF after browsing on hind part LCD
- X1D – Audio playback through camera speaker during video playback
- Autofocus support for all HC/HCD Lenses (except HC120 Macro) when using the XH Lens Adapter
- HDMI – Pan in zoomed-in with touch-pad area on display
Hasselblad has also new firmware for XCD, HC & HCD lenses including autofocus support for the following Hasselblad H Pattern lenses when used on the X1D camera with an XH adapter: HCD24, HC150, HC150N, HC210, HC300, HCD35-90 and HC50-110.