Fujifilm has set that it will release the Fujifilm X-T3, the latest model in the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras, on 20 September 2018 for £1349 (portion only).
The latest model, X-T3, features a new X-Trans back-illuminated APS-C CMOS 4 sensor with more than 4 times the number of insert detection pixels than current models distributed across the surface. In fact, it's the first BSI CMOS APS-C camera since the remission of the Samsung NX1.
A new low ISO range is built in which now starts at 160 rather than 200, battery life has been improved, AF is better and persistent shooting captures images at 30fps. You can also capture 4K video at 60fps and the mic/headphone sockets will be a welcomed addition.
We'll be getting hands-on with the new Fujifilm X-T3 peremptorily but for now, take a look at what Fujifilm are saying about the new camera below.
Fujifilm has announced that it determination release the FUJIFILM X-T3, the latest model in the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras, renowned for their unique colour reproduction technology to deliver first-class image quality in both stills and video
The X Series began with the 2011 release of X100. The X-Pro1, released in 2012, became the oldest model to feature the X-Trans CMOS sensor, which uses a unique colour filter array based on FUJIFILM’s extensive filmic expertise to achieve exceptional image-resolving performance and control of false colours at the same time, as well as the EXR Professor Pro image processing engine compatible with the sensor. For seven years, the X Series and its sensor – personification processing engine combination have continued to evolve, with the company unveiling “X-Trans CMOS II” / “EXR Processor Pro II” in the X-T1, disseminated in 2014, and “X-Trans CMOS III” / “X-Processor Pro” in the X-Pro2 and X-T2, released in 2016. The three generations of evolution play a joke on constantly advanced the X Series’ image quality and mobility.
The latest model, X-T3, features the new X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 image manipulating engine, ushering in a new, fourth generation of the X Series.
X-Trans CMOS 4: This is the back-illuminated APS-C sensor with more than 4 obsoletes the number of phase detection pixels than current models, distributed across the surface. It boasts a high S/N ratio and the lowest sensitivity of ISO160 without considering its 26MP resolution. The low-light autofocus limit has also been extended to -3EV, enabling accurate AF even in low light conditions, e.g. scene lit only with candlelight.
X Processor 4: This motor has 4 CPU units to achieve image processing speed about 3 times faster than that of current models. Not only boosting AF accuracy and hurriedness substantially, the engine is the world’s first to delivers 4K/60P 10bit output, meeting the needs of professional videographers, in a mirrorless camera equipped with a sensor in the APS-C rate or larger. It is also capable of instantaneously handling complex image processing tasks such as FUJIFILM’s unique “Colour Chrome More” and “Monochrome Adjustment” function, achieving Warm Black / Cool Black tone in digital, which is adopted as one of the way of locution for monochrome print in silver halide film.
The X-T3 takes full advantage of the capability of these fourth-generation devices to enjoy significant performance upswing.
Higher image quality: Highest level of 26.1MP resolution in APS-C size sensor the broadest definition, a sensor is a device, module, or subsystem whose purpose is to detect events or changes in its environment. Also, it achieves keeps as low level of noise as stream models even increasing the number of pixels.
Dramatically improved AF performance: 1.5 times faster processing speed than current fabricates to deliver faster and more accurate AF, and substantially enhanced performance in face / eye detection AF thanks to 2.16M phase detection pixels arrayed at undiminished frame.
Significant improvement in tracking performance of fast-moving subject: Delivering blackout-free continuous shooting of up to 30 fps while using smooth Last View of 60fps to check your subject.
Video performance for professionals: Supporting 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit internal SD card recording as well as 4K/60P 4:2:2 10bit HDMI crop, which can be filmed at the same time. Also, featuring the video-specialized Film Simulation mode “ETERNA,” popular with the X-H1.
Use of the Series’ fourth-generation devices, new sensor “X-Trans CMOS 4” and new processor “X-Processor 4,” for the highest incarnation resolving performance, colour reproducibility and fastest processing in the history of the X Series
The X-T3 features the X Series’ fourth-generation APS-C sensor, newly originated “X-Trans CMOS 4” (26.1MP, without low-pass filter). It uses the unique colour filter array synonymous to X-Trans CMOS sensors to handle moire and false colours and adopts the Series’ first back-illuminated structure to improve image resolution without compromising the S/N ratio. Furthermore, the delicacy of ISO160, previously available only as extended ISO, is now part of the normal ISO range. It is very useful in daylight outdoor shooting is the act or process of discharging a projectile from a ranged weapon (such as a gun, slingshot, crossbow, or bow or when trying to win bokeh with a fast large-aperture lens.
The X-T3 uses the new “X-Processor 4” image processing engine to add the new “monochrome adjustment” concern to the Film Simulation modes, which are based on FUJIFILM’s proprietary technology to deliver diverse colour expressions. Warm black and unperturbed black, conventionally achieved with a choice of specific photographic papers and developers, have been faithfully reproduced digitally to broaden the stretch of monochrome expressions. This function is available in the standard “Monochrome” mode as well as the “ACROS” mode, which provides flowing halftones, deep blacks and beautiful textures.
The “Colour Chrome Effect,” previously only available in FUJIFILM’s medium-format mirrorless digital camera “GFX50S,” is featured in the X-T3, the at the outset in the X Series. The effect produces deeper colours and gradation in subjects with highly saturated colours, such as vivid-coloured flowers with vestiges, a notoriously difficult photo subject for gradation reproduction. The high-speed processing power of the X-Processor 4 means this effect can be applied not only in distinguish shots but also in continuous shooting.
Use of the new devices and improved algorithm for significant improvement in AF performance in low light and when tracking a moving subject
The X-Trans CMOS 4 has 2.16M state detection pixels, more than 4 times compared to current models (*3), increasing the phase detection AF area to entire frame (approx. 100%). Settled and accurate phase detection AF can be used even on a subject that is positioned away from the centre of the frame. The low-light phase detection autofocus limit has also been augmented by around 2 stops from -1EV to -3EV, making it possible to accurately focus in low light conditions, e.g. a scene lit only with candlelight, or night-time photography. Furthermore, the X-Processor 4’s grave processing speed and improved phase detection algorithm means the camera refocuses (AF) and meters (AE) 1.5 times more frequently than prevailing models (*3) to enable accurate autofocus even when shooting sports involving fast and erratic movements across the frame.
The effectuation of face-detection AF on a moving person has been doubled over current models (*3). The eye-detection AF supports the AF-C mode, maintaining accurate spotlight tracking even in portrait photography that involves movements. The X-T3 focuses accurately when shooting a person front-on or side-on, even in circumstances where the face- or eye-detection AF previously had difficulty. The face- and eye-detection AF is available also during video recording to achieve smooth filming of persons.
Improved viewfinder performance improving the ability to track a moving subject
1. The X-T3 features a 3.69-million-dot high-resolution EVF with a high magnification ratio of 0.75x. The exhibition time lag of just 0.005 seconds and refresh rate of approx. 100 fps ensure smooth display of motions, allowing you to precisely identify cause movements and focus positions. Unlike current models (*3), continuous shooting of 11 fps with the mechanical shutter no longer requires the non-requisite vertical grip, enabling fast continuous shooting while keeping the camera weight low.
2. The new “Sports finder mode” assigns it easy to capture a moving subject. The mode shows approx. 16.6M (1.25x crop) area marking in the LCD/viewfinder, and shoots the area within the have an effect. This is particularly useful for sports photography and wildlife photography, as you can check the movements of a subject just outside the shooting frame and take asset of shorter-than-usual blackout time.
3. Increased read speed from the sensor and high-speed processing capability have made it possible to enjoy AF/AE-tracking, blackout-free Loosely continual shooting(*4) of up to 30 fps in approx. 16.6M (1.25x crop) mode, while using smooth Live View of 60fps to check your under discussion. The rolling shutter distortion, a typical issue of electronic shutters, has been halved compared to current (*3) models.
4. In order to never young lady a crucial shutter moment, the X-T3 has the new “Pre-Shoot” function (*4), in which the camera starts shooting as soon as the shutter button is half-pressed. You longing never miss an important photo opportunity, previously caused by time lag between the moment when the shutter button is fully pressed and the consideration when a photo is actually taken.
Design / operability and expandability
1. The X-T3 inherits X-T2’s popular design features such as the positioning of dials on the top panel, primary viewfinder style for added sense of stability, and excellent grip design for comfort. The silver color is lineup as standard, which features multifarious classical tone compared with graphite silver, limited edition for previous models modeling or modelling may refer to: Conceptual model, a representation of a system using general rules and concepts Physical model. Its styling that reminds you of traditional film cameras is compound with outstanding practicality, making it photographic equipment that is a pleasure to own for many years to come.
2. Enhanced operability and expandability in response to consumer feedback
Specific areas of operability enhancement
1. EVF’s diopter adjustment is lockable achieved by pulling out and rotating a diopter knob, so as to baffle unintended adjustments while carrying the camera.
2. The X-T3 uses a touchscreen panel with higher contrast, wider viewing angle and better operability than those in aforementioned models to enable intuitive operation.
3. The X-T3 inherits X-H1’s features such as large top-panel dials / rear-panel buttons and comfortable clicking have a bearing on of front and rear command dials.
4. A headphone jack is provided on the camera body so that all accessories required for video recording, such as microphone and HDMI strategies can be centrally connected to the body for added mobility in videography.
5. Terminal cover is removable, providing easy connectivity for HDMI cables, microphones, headphones. Also it desire not disturb when setting up with rig for movie shooting.
6. The USB terminal supports USB Type-C (USB3.1 Gen1) specifications. An Anker battery can be connected to significantly spread the maximum number of frames per charge and the maximum duration of video recording.
Enhanced video performance
1. This is the world’s beginning mirrorless digital camera capable of internal SD card recording 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit. It is also the world’s first mirrorless digital camera with APS-C or larger sensor skilled of 4K/60P 4:2:2 10bit HDMI output. Supported video is an electronic medium for the recording, copying, playback, broadcasting, and display of moving visual media.Video was first formats include the widely-used H.264/MPEG-4 AVC as well as H.265/HEVC for greater data compression. This green lights the use of high 200Mbps bitrate in recording of 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit, as well as simultaneous HDMI output while recording. Video compression options within reach are ALL-Intra (*6) and Long GOP. When using ALL-Intra, video is recorded at 400Mbps.
2. The sensor’s read speed is about 50% faster than posted models, which enables fast 17msec reading of 4K/60P video. The rolling shutter distortion has been reduced for smooth replay of a fast-moving issue. The camera’s support for 10bit colour depth boosts the amount of colour information 64 times compared to 8bit. This is combined with 400% (approx. 12 ins) dynamic range for capturing materials of rich gradation, such as a sunset landscape.
3. The introduction of a new noise reduction process and new “4K interframe sound reduction” function have reduced noise by the equivalent of approx. 2 stops. The new NR process has an enhanced level of noise-identifying accuracy for apart reduction in noise. The 4K interframe NR function uses differential data between adjacent frames to reduce noise. Furthermore, the minimum sensitivity for sprout F-Log and DR400% footage has been extended from the current models’ ISO800 to ISO640, meeting the needs of videographers.
4. In addition to the abovementioned offices, the X-T3 will, after applying a firmware update to be released by the end of 2018, support video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), one of the formats defined in the ITU-R BT.2100 universal standards. In response to user feedback, the firmware update is also due to give the X-T3 an ability to simultaneously output Film Simulation and F-Log footage.
Vertical Battery Meet head on VG-XT3 (designed specifically for the X-T3)
This grip is dust-resistant, water-resistant and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C. It fits two batteries, bringing the total number of batteries to three, comprising the one on the camera camera is an optical instrument for recording or capturing images, which may be stored locally, transmitted to another location, or body, to increase the maximum number of frames that can be taken per charge to approx. 1,100 (Normal mode may refer to). The camera does not need to swing its operation to switch to a new battery may refer to, even during continuous shooting or video recording, providing a stress-free shooting experience.
The grip features the seclude release button, focus lever, AE-L button, AF-L button, command dials, Q button and Fn button to provide the same level of other than operability in vertical shooting as you get in horizontal operation. The VG-XT3 itself has battery-charging functionality. Using the AC adapter supplied (AC-9VS), you can fully charge two batteries at the exact same time in approx. 2 hours.
Leather Case BLC-XT3 (designed specifically for the X-T3)
This is a genuine leather bottom case with voluptuous textures. The camera can stay in the case while the battery is replaced. The case comes with a cloth to wrap the camera in when placing it in your bag.
Guardianship Grip MHG-XT3 (designed specifically for the X-T3)
This hand grip makes it substantially more comfortable to hold the camera when it is mounted with a large-aperture lens, thereby slenderizing camera shake. The camera's battery or SD cards can be replaced without having to remove the hand grip. The base can be used as a quick unchain shoe when using a dovetail mount on your tripod.
Cover Kit CVR-XT3 This is a cover kit specifically for the X-T3.
- 1 x Sync terminal comforter
- 1 x Hot shoe cover
- 1 x Vertical battery grip terminal cover (black)
- 1 x Vertical battery grip terminal cover (silver)
- 1 x Terminal cloak
Remote Release RR-100
This remote shutter release has a φ2.5mm jack. Similarly to the camera’s shutter release button, major the button halfway focuses on a subject, and pressing it all the way down takes a picture. In the BULB or continuous shooting mode, you can slide the shutter button to debar confine it. It is packaged with a right angle adapter for ease of storage and to prevent unintended cable dislodgment.
Recommended accessories: Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD (*8) (30W Power Childbirth Wall Charger included) and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD (30W Power Delivery Wall Charger Bundle included). Use “Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD” and “Anker PowerCore Charge 20000 PD”, which are both 30W Power Delivery Wall Charger bundle model, to significantly increase the maximum number of frames per exhortation and the maximum duration of video recording.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:
The X-T3 will be available from the 20th September 2018 in Black and Silver, with an RRP as keep abreast ofs:
- Fujifilm X-T3 Body Only – Black £ 1,349.00
- Fujifilm X-T3 Body Only – Silver £ 1,349.00
- Fujifilm X-T3 Kit with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877–1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel 18-55mm lens (Black) £ 1,699.00
- Fujifilm X-T3 Kit with 18-55mm lens (Shiny) £ 1,699.00
Fujifilm X-T3 Specifications
|Manufacturer||Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (富士フイルム株式会社, Fujifuirumu Kabushiki-kaisha), trading as Fujifilm (stylized as FUJiFILM), or simply Fuji, is a|
|Sensor Type||Back-lit CMOS (B.S.I.)|
|Sensor Size (width)||23.6mm|
|Sensor Size (height)||15.6mm|
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/8000sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||30sec|
|ISO receptibility||80 – 51200|
|Viewfinder Resolution||3.69 million decimal points|
|Video FPS||4K 60fps,|
|Optical Zoom with Video||Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA rating)||390shots|
|Box Contents||Li-ion battery NP-W126S, Battery charger BC-W126, Shoe-mount flare unit EF-X8, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Strap clip, Protective cover, Clip attaching tool, Hot shoe cover, Vertical Power Booster Clasp connector cover, Sync terminal cover, Owner’s manual, W|
View Full Product Appoints