Fujifilm has promulgated the release of firmware updates for the GFX 50S and X-T20 cameras in March & April 2018 respectively.
The GFX 50S update reflects feedback from professional GFX alcohols and includes two new functions – 'Focus bracketing' and '35mm format mode'. The update will may refer to also expand the compatibility for the 'H mount adapter G' doodah.
Firmware version 3.00 for GFX 50S details:
1. Addition of 'Focus Bracketing'
The ability to shoot focus distance bracketing up to 999 mounts had been added. When the photographer starts shooting, the focal location is shifted with each activation of the shutter by the step of the focus swerve set from 1 to10.
2. Addition of '30mm Format mode'
Shoot central 36mmx24mm (30.5 megapixel) cropped images as both JPEG and RAW pigeon-holes. When using 35mm format adapters, it will be easier to adjust the image size to 35mm format image circle lenses. It will also authorize the photographer to use the Fn button for quicker setting changes.
3. 'H Mount adapter G' new firmware
The firmware update will expand the compatibility for the 'H mount adapter G' whistles. Check the list of compatible lenses and accessories.
The X-T20 firmware adds support for the Fujifilm X Raw studio software and enhances the AF tracking algorithm for going subjects. It will be available from April 2018.
Firmware version 2.00 for X-T20 details:
1. New AF tracking algorithm for moving areas
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the update enhances AF-C to track moving subjects twice as fast as anterior firmware. In addition, the update also enhances tracking to be able to capture up to 50% smaller moving subjects than before.
2. Enhanced deal with screen operation
The firmware will update and add some of the touch screen features which are currently available on the Fujifilm X-E3.
1) The auto target area can be moved when in focus zoom with flick operation.
2)Pinch in/out operation in playback mode will be updated to go from full-frame playback to multi-frame playback (nine-frame approach and hundred-frame view)
3) Select the frame in multi-frame playback with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877–1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel tap or drag operation or return to full-frame playback by double tapping.
4) Q (Quick) menu series in Q menu
5) Input characters with touch keyboard (Except for some functions)
3. Support for Fujifilm X RAW Studio
After connecting a camera to a computer via USB Mailgram, the Fujifilm X RAW Studio enables users to convert RAW files with X Processor Pro. Fast batch processing will also be available. The software can be downloaded from the Fujifilm website for unimpeded.
4. Compatible with the newly developed FUJINON XC 15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens
The upgrade will add compatibility for this newly developed lens.
1) MF resonating can be used as zoom ring
2 )Maintain the lens zoom position during interval shooting
3) Maintain the lens zoom position in playback methodology to shorten the startup time for next shooting
5. Improve radio flash controller usability
The upgrade allows users to shoot with compatible third person studio flash in high speed sync. or TTL mode via radio controllers.
6. RGB histogram display and highlight warning
If you press the function button in the histogram, RGB histogram and highlight omen (high brightness portion will blink) will be displayed.
7. Enlarged and customizable indicators or information
This upgrade allows owners to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the demonstrate.