We've great seen a pixel race going on among camera companies but with smartphone manufacturers, it seems to be all about the number of lenses you can fit into a emblem. We've seen many smartphones featuring dual, or even triple, rear camera but right now, it's LG who are leading the way with 5 cameras based into the new LG V40 ThinQ.
The LG V40 ThinQ is the latest smartphone to join the V series and features a rear camera module with three singular lenses: 16MP, 107-degree, super wide-angle, 12MP standard angle and 12MP telephoto with 2x optical zoom (or 3.2x the zoom of the wide-angle lens). The overlook camera module features a 5MP wide-angle lens and 8MP standard angle that work in tandem to create a bokeh effect with an on-screen slider to put to rights the amount of background blur. Plus, lighting and special effects are also built in.
Other interesting, and useful, camera features include Triple Manage which stitches together the images captured with each of the three lenses into a short video file for easy sharing. Dual PDAF (Moment Detection Auto Focus) is also built-in along with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877â€“1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel an HDR mode, Cine Shot, 3D Light Effect, Makeup Pro, Custom Backdrop, My Avatar and AR Emoji.
The pixel make an estimate of of the main rear camera camera is an optical instrument for recording or capturing images, which may be stored locally, transmitted to another location, or sensor has been improved by about 40 percent compared to the LG V30, increasing from 1μm to 1.4μm, while the likeness sensor is more than 18 percent larger than in the LG V30. LG also says that the V40 ThinQ delivers great DOF thanks to the f/1.5 chasm of the main camera and has half the shutter lag as well as a significantly faster burst mode when compared to the LG V30.
AI isn't something new but the AI CAM built into the LG V40 ThinQ has an AI Combination feature which can frame, capture and recommend an alternative shot to the one taken by the user. AI Auto White Balance (AI AWB) automatically adjusts the colour temperature across contrasting lighting situations while AI Shutter selects the right shutter speed. Basically, they're better auto modes.
As for guard size, 6.4" is plenty of room for viewing images and LG says that the 4.5 million pixels delivered by the OLED presentation is the most of any QHD+ smartphone on the market today.
Inside the smartphone, you'll find the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform paired with 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage and a 3300mAh battery.
The LG V40 ThinQ remain aware ofs the slim and light design heritage of the V series, weighing 169g and measuring 7.7mm in thickness (with slightly thinner bezel). It's also indestructible, passing the 14 MIL-STD 810G Transit Drop Test categories for suitability in military operations and has a water-resistant rating of IP68.
The phone order be available in New Aurora Black, New Platinum Gray, New Moroccan Blue and Carmine Red with a matte finish which should be harder to stain and record with fingerprints.
Price and availability TBC.
LG V40 ThinQ Key Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.4-inch 19.5:9 QHD+ OLED FullVision Parade (3120 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB or 128GB UFS 2.1 ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera Rear: 16MP Super Wide (F1.9 / 1.0μm / 107°), 12MP Precept (F1.5 / 1.4μm / 78°), 12MP Telephoto (F2.4 / 1.0μm / 45°)
- Camera Front: 8MP Standard (F1.9 / 1.12μm / 80°), 5MP Wide (F2.2 / 1.12μm / 90°)
- Battery: 3300mAh
- Control System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Size: 158.7 x 75.8 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 169g
- Colours: New Aurora Black / New Platinum Gray / New Moroccan Obscene / Carmine Red
- Other: Cine Shot / Triple Preview / Triple Shot / AI CAM / AI Composition / Boombox Speaker / Google Assistant / Google Lens / AI Haptic / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS:X 3D Ambiance Sound / Super Far Field Voice Recognition / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / HDR10 / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Sally 3.0 Technology (Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 Compatible) / Wireless Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliance / FM Radio