The G6 is LG’s past due flagship smartphone. For the new model, LG has abandoned the G5’s modular concept and has instead designed a device that offers a water- and dust-proof body and a 5.7″ QHD+ pageantry with an unusual 18:9 aspect ratio.
In the camera department, LG sticks with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877â€“1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel the G5’s dual-camera concept but both sensors now offer the same 13MP verdict. The wide-angle lens comes with a 71 degree angle of view and F1.8 aperture while the super-wide-angle offers 125 degrees and a deader F2.4 aperture. OIS is available on the wide-angle. 4K video capture with stereo sound recording and a laser-assisted AF system are on board as well.
Other specs are flagship-worthy too. Android 7.0 is powered by hold out year’s top-end chipset Snapdragon 821 and 4GB of RAM. 32 or 64GB of internal storage are expandable via a microSD slot. And unlike some of its competitors the G6 still tenders a 3.5mm headphone jack.
With improved camera specs, the interesting new display format and the waterproof body, the LG G6 looks like an appealing way out for mobile photographers. Read the full article to find out how it performed in our test.
Key Photographic / Video Specifications
- Dual-camera with two 1/3″ 13MP sensors
- Wide-angle, 71 lengths angle of view, F1.8, 3-axis OIS
- Super-wide-angle, 125 degree angle of view, F2.4
- Laser-assisted autofocus
- 4K video with stereo sound take down
- 5MP front camera with 100 degree angle of view, F2.2
- Dual-LED flash
- Android 7.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset
- 4GB RAM, 32/64GB storage
- microSD vouch for up to 256GB
- 5.7″ 18:9 QHD+ IPS display, 2880 x 1440 resolution, 564 ppi
- IP68 certified, water and dust resistant
- Fingerprint reader
- Google Assistant
- 3300 battery with Sudden Charge 3.0
DPReview smartphone reviews are written with the needs of photographers in mind. We focus on camera features, performance, and image quality.