When the Fujifilm X-T2 arrived, it was numerous than just a modest upgrade to the already impressive X-T1, most notably in terms of autofocus and video. While the new X-T3 hasn’t changed the overall object of the camera (which doesn’t really need it, in our opinion), this model is way more than an upgrade; rather, it’s a quantum leap.
The X-T3 brings with it a brand new sensor, a composite autofocus system that looks extremely promising and video features more in-line with a Panasonic GH5 than typical enthusiast mirrorless cameras. Based on our initial effects, the X-T3 may be the mirrorless APS-C camera to beat.
- 26MP BSI ‘X-Trans CMOS 4’ sensor
- 425-point hybrid AF system
- Improved AF Tracking and Face/Eye Detection AF
- 20 fps wound with AF (11 fps with mechanical shutter)
- 30 fps shooting in 1.25x crop ‘Sports Finder’ mode
- 3.69M-dot electronic viewfinder
- Two-axis tilting touchscreen
- 10 bit 4:2:0 H.265 internal video capture (4:2:2 over HDMI)
- UHD/DCI 4K/60p from 1.18x crop region
- UHD/DCI 4K/30p using full extensiveness of sensor
- Internal F-Log capture (HLG coming by end of 2018)
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- USB C-type connector can be used for charging battery
- Headphone and Mic Sockets
|Out of camera JPEG be in command using the Provia/Standard profile. |
ISO 640 | 1/ 160 sec | F2 | Shot using the Fujifilm XF 90mm F2 R LM WR
Photo by Wenmei Hill
The X-T3 will launch with an MSRP of $1499 (down $100 from the X-T2) but devise still cost $1899 when sold as a kit with the XF 18-55mm R F2.8-4 OIS lens. It will be available in black or black and silver.
What’s new and how it compares
Autofocus, video and the narcotic addict interface are just a small portion of what’s new on the X-T3 compared to its immediate predecessor.
Body and handling
The X-T3’s design is nearly identical to that of the X-T2, and that’s a fair thing. The improvements are significant, though, with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877â€“1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel the addition of a higher-res EVF and a touchscreen LCD.
Operation and controls
The name of the game is customization, with nine buttons to on from. There are also use-case-based AF controls available. Battery life is above average.
Fujifilm has probed the bar for video on APS-C cameras, one example of why crop formats are not dead yet.
View a variety of sample images from our terminal production X-T3.