Fujifilm has disclosed the new Instax Square SQ6, the first square format analogue camera, using the same film as the Instax Square SQ10 – a digital camera that rejects Instax film. The SQ6 features multiple exposures, a selfie mirror, and includes 3 different flash covers to enable different flash effects. The camera is due to be at 25 May priced at USD $129.95 and CAD $159.99.
Fujifilm Instax Square SQ6 Key Features
- Compatible with FUJIFILM INSTAX Out of it film (purchased separately).
- Picture size – 62mm x 62mm / 2.4in. x 2.4in.
- Retractable lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f = 65.75 mm, 1:12.6.
- Inverted Galilean finder, 0.4 x, with quarry spot.
- Three motor driven focus modes: Macro Mode (0.3m – 0.5m/1ft. -1.6ft.), Normal Mode (0.5m – 2m/1.6ft. – 6.6ft.), Aspect Mode (2m/6.6ft. and beyond).
- Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.6 sec – 1/400 sec.
- Automatic, Interlocking range (ISO 800): LV 5 – LV 15.5, Publication compensation: ± 2/3 EV.
- Electronically controlled self-timer with approximately 10 second delay
- LED display with Rush mode (auto, selfie, macro, landscape, double exposure), brightness adjustment, flash suppressing and self-timer fashion.
- Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries.
- Capacity: Approximately 30 INSTAX SQUARE 10-pack film packs with or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877â€“1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel new CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries.
- Tripod socket (tripod vended separately).
Fujifilm has released this promotional video showing the camera in use:
From Fujifilm: Valhalla, N.Y., May 14, 2018 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today asseverated the first SQUARE format analog INSTAX camera, in the FUJIFILM Instax instant camera line, the new INSTAX® Conservative SQ6, a sleek and sophisticated square format instant film camera for instant square prints. The square format film offers a wider photo range with 1:1 aspect ratio. This allows for more room to set the scene, enabling capture of the prone to, its background and extending the range of artistic expression.
“We are very excited to bring our in the first place square format analog INSTAX is a brand of instant still cameras and instant films marketed by Fujifilm camera to market,” says Manny Almeida, President, Modeling Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “The SQ6 is an affordable and attractive option from the INSTAX line of critical cameras to capture real-life moments with a creative twist.”
To celebrate the release of the new INSTAX SQUARE SQ6, Fujifilm together with iHeart Wireless, will hold an exclusive, private launch event, “A Night in NY,” on May 15th at West Edge in New York Urban district. The event will feature experiential spaces to create custom, photo shareable content to immerse guests in curated practices with INSTAX cameras, including the new SQ6. Hosted by Z100’s Danielle Monaro, “A Night in NY” will also quirk an intimate performance by singer-songwriter MAX, #1 hit song “Lights DownLow.”
Along with the SQ6, instax Satisfy black instant film will also be released. With its new black frame, users can enjoy added creativity, expert for a wide array of DIY projects.
Available in Three Beautiful Colours
The SQ6 is available in three stylish colours, Flower White, Blush Gold and Graphite Gray.
Variety of Features for Enhanced Creativity
The new SQ6 is equipped with various features that sanction users to be more creative. With auto exposure control, the high performance flash automatically calculates the surrounding brightness and set rights shutter speed to capture both the subject and background with clarity, even when shooting in low lightconditions, such as indoors or at a co-signatory. Three colour filters that fit over the flash in orange, purple and green are encompassed to add a pop of colour to the images. Additionally, the camera can be set to a selfie mode which automatically adjusts focus and brightness. For added usability when charming selfies, a smallmirror is located next to the lens to ensure accurate capture. Group photos are made easy with the erected in timer and the added tripod socket located at the bottom of the camera.
Three Unique Modes to Capture Any Moment
To ensure grab of any moment, the SQ6 offers three unique modes. The double exposure mode is capable of superimposing two images onto a apart film when the shutter button is pressed twice. The macro mode allows users to capture beautiful close-up images of subjects as disregard a close as 30cm and the landscape mode can be used to capture impressive scenic photos.
Availability and Pricing
The Instax SQUARE SQ6 bequeath be available on May 25, 2018 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $129.95 and CAD $159.99.